Monday, July 18, 2011

Ready for My Close-Up



The sweater is done!

My old college roommate, who I've mentioned in this blog before, kindly took the pictures for the pattern to be published on KnitPicks' website. I really wanted someone who knows what knitters look for to take them. She was the ideal photographer, and I was grateful for her efficiency - because I was wearing merino wool in 90 degrees Fahrenheit!!

I edited out the shorts and sandals, haha.

Here's a quick preview, since the pattern will not go live for a few more weeks. It will be well worth the wait! I will have an "Amanda's Aran FAQ" post when it does go live so that any pattern errata or questions may be answered, and everyone will benefit from them.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I absolutely LOVE this sweater. I very much want to purchase the pattern and yarn from KnitPicks to make my very own. However...I was wondering if it would be possible to use buttons instead of a zipper? Do you have any suggestions on how to make this modification?
Thank you for creating such a beautiful sweater! It makes me wish I were back in Dublin again. :)

Twin Star Gifts said...

There's a couple of ways you might modify the sweater for that. The simplest would be to make crocheted loops along the side after it's completed, or pick up stitches along the edges for the zipper and knit a button band. There is a lot of negative ease on the sweater so I highly reccommend the zipper, but if you feel buttons are easier then I would recommend the knit button band.